Sunday, April 19, 2009

Its flower planting time ,whats your favorite and why?

Orange Tigerlillies remind me of my Fairy Godmother and my Grandmother so,..off the top of my head I would say the tigerlilly, however,..


%26quot;wildflowers abound is where my heart is found!%26quot;
Its flower planting time ,whats your favorite and why?
Though I love all flowers a favorite annual I plant in abundance is the zinnia. I plant all flowers for the benefit of the birds and animals we have. Nothing is more beautiful and fun to watch as the zinnia as it goes to seed. We have looked out and seen dozens of goldfinches bobbing on the seed heads in the winter looking for the seeds of the zinnias.
Reply:I had remarkable results with red salvia and also Morning Glory. I planted them on the sunniest spot on my property. The red salvia were by my mailbox and the morning glory were near property border with my neighbor. I started with putting several 40 pound bags of composted manure at each spot. I mixed it into the top 6 inches of soil. I made sure to water both with the hose all summer long (especially when it didn%26#039;t rain) never allowing the soil to dry out and I mulched with small pine bark.


I also fertilized with miracle grow which I dissolved and added to a watering can about once a month. I found that you don%26#039;t have to fertilize Morning Glory as much because fertilizing causes the plants to grow taller and requires extra height of trellis. I did have gorgeous tall and abundant red salvia. They bloomed all summer and I think really lit up the yard and also the neighborhood for that matter!Reebok

No comments:

Post a Comment