Tuesday, April 14, 2009

What does my portrait of flowers No. 34 Display'd Flower Garden, Garden of the moft beau. What is moft beau?

I think its something in the French language. Would like to know the meaning of it. Translation please.
What does my portrait of flowers No. 34 Display%26#039;d Flower Garden, Garden of the moft beau. What is moft beau?
I think theres something missing, namely the letters %26quot;tiful%26quot;.(most beautiful).In older handwriting, an s looks like a modern f.


There is no word %26quot;moft%26quot; in french.


Look at these sites for an example of how an s can be confused with an f :


http://amberskyline.com/treasuremaps/old...


http://www.genealogia.fi/faq/faq031ee.ht...
Reply:Pretty weird. I think that this is the product of one of those scanners reading text, some software messes up a lot of the words. On the source box I am adding the link with the document all messed up, you can see there what I mean. All the %26quot;s%26quot; seem to have been replaced with %26quot;f%26quot; ( I see the word %26quot;Chelfea%26quot; for %26quot;Chelsea%26quot;).





See this text, I don%26#039;t know how it will show on on Yahoo, but on the original, %26quot;beau%26quot; is on one line and %26quot;tiful%26quot; on the next:





%26quot;The Oxalis verficolor is confidered as one of the moft beau


tiful of the many fpecies cultivated in gardens%26quot;





So, I think your text means %26quot;most beau...tiful%26quot; :)





Cheerssuper nanny

No comments:

Post a Comment